One of my favorite classes in seminary was a counseling class I took on a whim. Our syllabus was wide and deep. But among all the textbooks we used in that class, we used none more than the book of Psalms.
That’s because the Psalms speak to the very depths of the human soul. The songs that comprise the Psalms are ripe with both sorrow and joy. And the men who poured their hearts into these pages experienced every kind of high and low that we experience today.
Through the Psalms, God speaks into our hearts songs of healing and hope. These songs are the songs of real life. Life found solely in Jesus Christ. That’s one reason why I set a goal in 2013 to explore the Psalms in my personal devotions.
In this series, I share what God is speaking into my own heart in this profound book. I hope you’ll join me as we look at the songs and the light they shed on our everyday lives – our highs and low, our pain and joy.
Here are some of the posts in this series thus far:
- How the structure of the Psalms compels you to praise him (free printable)
- Help is here! What Ps. 3 says to tired mommies (free printable bookmark)
- Ps. 4 – Seven prayers to help you love the unlovable
- Ps. 7 – How are quiet women supposed to serve a Warrior God?
- Ps. 9 – The mom I want to be
- Ps. 10 – Three reasons we should raise peacemaking sons
- Ps. 12 – Are you a silver-tongued woman?
- Ps. 16 – An Easter Psalm
- Ps. 21 – Stop sounding like a broken record (teach your kids to make wise choices)
- Ps. 22 – What the suffering of the Messiah means for you
- Ps. 23 – Because He is my Shepherd
- Ps. 26 – How single-hearted women find freedom
- Ps. 30 – Why God doesn’t ‘do’ pity parties
- Ps. 35 – How to reconcile vengeance in the Psalms with turning the other cheek
- Ps. 37 – Why the big picture of Scripture gives us big hope
- Ps. 38 – 10 things sin does to you (& what God does about it)
- Ps. 40 – How God helps us worship during trials
- Ps. 42 – The difference between godly grief & wordly anguish
- Ps. 45 – A match made in heaven
- Ps. 48 – Are you trusting in the wrong thing?
- Ps. 49 – When you’re tempted to think your life has no value
- Ps. 50 – How God responds to sin (why cheaters never prosper
Want to join me in this series? Subscribe to Hive Resources so you don’t miss any posts! Thank you to so many who have already joined in!